Saturday, January 29, 2011

Google website-making


For our first big task we were asked to create a website. We could either use Google or Weebly. I of course chose Google because that looked a lot simpler and more my pace. I have never made a website of any kind. The most exciting thing I can honestly say I have made is a cool PowerPoint. This was a totally new and scary/confusing experience for me. I did finally get things up and working and now have my very first website. I am glad though that I am now able to make one even though it was quite an aggravating process. There are many questions I still have and only have the basics down but I know I will get there and end up with a great portfolio that I can hopefully use in the future. This will be a great tool for me to use as a future teacher. I definitely want to have my own website where fellow teachers, my students and parents can go to all look at what is going on in the classroom. I want to eventually have the tools to be able to create a website for my classroom with grades available for parents to look at, assignments posted, along with due dates and reminders for parents. It will be a great way for parents and students to stay connected to each other, the course content and me as well. I want to have activities posted and available for students to use if they are having any trouble in certain subjects. Overall I think a website will be a great tool for my classroom and I am excited to learn much more about how to make the very best website I can and to reach all the goals I have set.

No comments:

Post a Comment