Thursday, April 7, 2011

In the Classroom (Language Arts)

I just taught my language arts lesson in my fourth grade classroom last week, it went well. I was surprised by my students willingness to share and discuss the book with one another. They did a wonderful of questioning the text and each other. My lesson was supposed to be discussion based which as you can imagine is hard for elementary students to take part in a discussion they are basically leading but I was pleasantly surprised by their interaction with the lesson. I had a hard time using the Elmo in the beginning which was embarrassing when trying to focus on the book we were reading, but I think I have figured out that technology after working with it for a bit. Overall I was very impressed with my fourth graders and would recommend a mystery novel, the kids loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment