I know this may be a little weird to be talking about because of the class I am currently writing the blog post for but I believe this is an important topic that is currently going on in education and I just do not agree with it. I strongly believe online education and using technology more in the classroom is incredibly important and where our educational system should be headed, that is why I am taking this class, to learn more and do my best to continue education to progress in this direction. But I completely disagree with children learning solely online. These online schools that are starting to pop up around the United States is completely baffling to me. I do not understand how this is considered appropriate or a good thing for students to be going to school and learning completely online. Did we forget about social interaction, exercise, learning through others, and the lessons and important things we learn by simply being around adults and fellow classmates? I think this is a terrible idea and students should not be taking part in schooling which is solely online. Integrating technology into teaching is very important in my opinion but it must also we intertwined with social interaction and learning through doing and social interaction which can happen when students are in a school.
No comments:
Post a Comment