I found experimenting with the Wiki to be a very interesting experience. I noticed there to be differences between the blogs, weebly and other things we have done so far in this class in comparison to the Wiki. From what I have experimented with thus far in CEP416 there is one tool we have used that I think most closely relates to the Wiki website. What I am referring to is Google Docs. This is because in both Google Docs and with the Wikis you are able to share the site with whomever you would like by “sharing” what you have made and typing in someone’s email. With Wikis, the difference from Google Docs is you can have many different settings from simply reading the wiki, to editing it, to being the administrator. In Google Docs when sharing with others you are giving them the ability to edit the document, presentation or whatever you are working on and allow them to edit it freely. Wikis are similar to blogs in the way you can comment or add information but different because with Wikis you are able to edit the “owners” content and add to the actual material the owner made. With blogs you are only able to make comments on what is written or added by the bloggers. I think Wikis could be useful in my classroom and with students. It was a bit complicated for me to understand and work with in the beginning but after working with it for awhile I was able to get the hang of it. Wikis could be used as a class website students and parents could use as a resource for homework help/ class schedules/ important events and other important parts of the classroom. This could be a great way for students teachers and parents to work together and have a place to share, read, and learn to benefit the student to their full potential and make sure everyone is on the same page.
No comments:
Post a Comment