Monday, February 28, 2011

Digital StoryBoard.


I chose to tell a story about the best Memorial Day I have ever had. In this story I explain who I was with on this day and what we did. This would be a more personal reflection students could do, a way they could relate to a specific text we are reading in class or simply reflecting on their experiences in life. I would use a topic such as this for a younger grade where the objective would be focused more on simply getting a point across and expressing ideas and feelings. This would be very useful for teaching because students at younger ages have troubles writing at times or for students it can simply be boring and time consuming to continually write stories in their journals over and over. Through storytelling in this way, students have the ability to get their points across and feelings through mostly images and pulling out a few important phrases to focus on. It is useful because students can experience a new mode of technology and it can be a very fun experience for the students along with an educational one. It is a new way for students to express themselves and it helps them focus on the key parts of their story, the specific words they find most important to include on their storyboard. I liked how easily I was able to download pictures through my Facebook on Photoshow. I simply used an album I had already created and picked photos out from it. I had troubles in the beginning on figuring out how to adjust, flip and organize photos, but after spending time getting to know Photoshow it became very easy to figure out. I thought it was very creative and fun because you were able to add extra images to your photos, music, text, conversation bubbles, and other animations. This is a new and exciting way for students to portray their thoughts and feelings and I thoroughly enjoyed creating my storyboard. 

Below is a link to my digital storyboard on my favorite Memorial Weekend Memory ever!


No comments:

Post a Comment