I may be completely out of the loop but I had never heard of this website before and it is the coolest thing I have seen in a long time! These pictures are so amazing!!http://www.flickr.com/photos/niveklocin/5412340375/
This site allows you to explore, share and see all different pictures from all over the world. These pictures are beautiful and incredibly unique. The standard version of this sight is completely free and available for all to use.
You are even able to use pictures you find on this site if the person who has posted it enables users to do so. I could spend hours on this sight looking at different pictures people post. This could be a great thing to have as a fun everyday thing in my future classroom. We could start each day with looking at one new picture on Flickr. All photos posted to this sight have to be appropriate or will be taken down, therefore we would not face the issue of inappropriate photos being shown in the classroom. I would choose a picture ahead of time just to make sure the photo was appropriate and to make sure to not run into any future problems. Check this site out! It is amazing what you can find when looking through these unique photos, check it out! And share your own if you dare!
B
I like your idea of implementing this in the classroom. I suggested a similar lesson using facebook.
ReplyDeleteWhat kinds of questions would you ask to initiate discussion about the pictures? How would you choose a picture? Would this fulfill any GLCE's?