Monday, February 7, 2011

K

Kindergarten

I found this site: http://www.kindersite.org/Directory/DirectoryFrame.htm   through using the sight, Delicious.  You most likely did not already know this, but I am VERY interested in teaching Kindergarten, it is my ideal placement and I hope my internship year I am placed in a Kindergarten classroom. I absolutely love children at that age ( and any age of course), but kindergarten is a time in which the students are just learning  for the first time how to be in a classroom setting, and everything is incredibly new and exciting for them. It is amazing to watch their little minds at work, they soak up so much information and grow and change rapidly each week. That is why I was so excited to stumble upon this website because the resources I found here are fantastic!  The website consists of songs, games, and stories great for the kindergarten classroom. The topics range from math to science to dealing with emotions, and sharing. This is a great tool for the Kindergarten classroom because it has so many different ways of addressing such a wide range of topics addressed in the Kindergarten class. I believe my students would love going on this website and it would be very easy for them to use. I could even simply take ideas I find on this site without having the students using computers. It is a great sight, so check it out if you are interested in the Kindergarten level!

B

No comments:

Post a Comment