Monday, February 28, 2011
In the Classroom
I am nervous to teach my lesson to my fourth graders Friday. The lesson involves the students doing a lot of their own discussing and taking charge on their own without my direct instruction. I hope the students are actively participating, I know how hard it is at times for my professors to get myself and fellow students to participate and discuss topics. I am just hoping because the book is fun and interesting for their grade level it will fall into place. I almost wanted to bring in candy as an incentive for students to participate and answer/pose questions to the group but I feel that would be the easy way out and I want my students to be intrinsically motivated to participate in my lesson not simply because I am bribing them with candy. We will see how it goes Friday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment