Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Snipping Tool


I used the “Snipping Tool” to get my “screen shot” for week 4’s assignment, to create the slide show. At first when I read about this a few weeks ago I was completely confused, and again reading about how I had to take a picture I was totally confused and it took me FOREVER to finally figure it out. After further reading I found out that because I am a PC and have Windows Vista I had a different/more complicated in my opinion way of going about getting the shot of my screen. It is called a snipping tool, I found it on my computer, and instead of pushing print screen or whatever combination of buttons other computers needed I used my snipping tool. The mouse turned into a cross and I was able to drag the cross, across the part of the screen I wanted “snipped out.” I used the tool and it gave me an image of what was inside of the box I made. It does the same thing as pushing print screen but you have to know where this tool is located to be able to use it. I am happy this week’s lesson forced me to try this out because now in the future I will be able to do this without hesitation. I am happy to say I learned about a new tool on my computer I had no idea about and I have had this computer for almost four and a half years now!!

By: WireBlessed

1 comment:

  1. Im glad i got to read this post about "snipping tool" it really grabbed my interest and i decided to try out the tool my self. I found it a little confusing at first, trying to figure out how to get the right tools for the right things. But after a while i was almost a pro! i really like this tool and think its a great way to get computer screen images for a classroom. thanks!

    ReplyDelete