After reading the articles for this week I understand more about Copyrights. It doesn’t take much effort; it is quite an easy thing to do as long as you know what buttons to push and how to make it happen. This is a VERY important tool for me to be aware of as becoming a teacher. I will be using many things from other teachers, websites, books, online articles, etc. and knowing how to give ownership to things is VERY important whether it be your own ownership or showing that what you are using is in fact not yours and you are making it known. No one wants to be in a situation where people think they are using something authentic and it actually is copied. Clear ownership of materials needs to be present at ALL times. That is why I am very happy to know more about this through Creative Commons. It is an easy website to remember and in a few clicks you are able to share your work if you want to while still keeping ownership. This website is www.creativecommons.org.
The image below is an image of my boyfriend and I in Cancun, Mexico this past Christmas. I have released this picture and licensed it with Creative Commons. You can see this picture also on my flickr page.
Released under an Attribution-Non-Commercial-Share Alike License

No comments:
Post a Comment