I would like to use the technology Google Earth that I learned about last week. I think it would be great to use in a lesson plan. I would like to use it in some sort of a science lesson plan focusing on astronomy. Students often times have misconceptions of the size of our Earth, moon, stars, planets etc and how far away they truly are from Earth. Young students have troubles grasping how enormous our universe is and how far away different things in the Solar system are from one another. Using Google Earth I could go to different places and explore the universe with the students through using this tool. Students could see 3D images of the moon and explore all different planets that exist. This technology goes perfectly with the content I want to teach because what the students are learning about they have to simply imagine and assume what is being told to them is the truth without seeing any proof. Through Google Earth students would have the ability to physically see the universe and the planets that are within it allowing them to make deeper connections to the material because they are able to see these images and take a sort of virtual tour through outerspace.
No comments:
Post a Comment